Midsummer has brought renewed energy and hope for local people determined to save Granton Castle’s ‘forgotten’ Walled Garden from a luxury townhouse development.
Latest news from the city council’s planning committee looks really positive, with new rules to stop lengthy delays in ‘legacy’ applications. The B-listed garden’s future is finally to be decided on the 29th July!
Next Friends Group meeting
Thursday 25th June, 6-7.30 pm
Royston Wardieburn Community Centre
11 Pilton Drive North
Now going strong for almost a year! The Friends Group ideas and aspirations are growing with support and encouragement from outside organisations like the RCAHMS.
Many local people have now heard the story of Granton Castle’s & its ‘secret’ garden but can’t visit, so one of our first steps would be to make the garden accessible and safe to enter. It is currently locked to visitors and a bit overgrown.
Meeting Agenda so far….
– Latest News on the Walled garden Planning Permission – a way forward!
– Guest speaker from North Edinburgh Community College
– Start-up funding applications
– Ideas – taking a look at the main ones being proposed, and adding in latest.
– Prioritising and timetabling some actions to involve more group members and raise awareness.
Get in touch if you want to come along, add ideas or have questions. email@example.com
Seating for twenty, hope to see you there.